Monday, July 31, 2017

Went to the library yesterday. Cleveland Heights Library is part of CLEVNET -- a consortium of 30 or so local and regional libraries in northeast Ohio. I can borrow a book from any of the member libraries, and it'll be at my branch in three to five days.

One of the books I picked up was wrong. It was volume one of a three-volume set, and the Cleveland Public Library Main Branch had sent the wrong volume.

I got home, and called the Business Section desk at the CPL. I explained my problem, and the librarian went to make sure they had volume one still on the shelf. Yes, it was. Yes, they could send it to my branch and it'll be there Monday. He apologized.

I laughed and said no problem, I'm just glad the had it.

He confessed wistfully, "I'm glad I could make someone laugh this week. That made my day."

I think my librarian is under a lot of stress....




No comments:

Post a Comment