Thursday, December 8, 2016



WOW! Patrick Phillips-Schrock has a new book out!!!

I'm a sucker for White House architectural and interior design history, and have written a bunch of articles about it.

Phillips-Schrock is a professor of French and history at Des Moines Area Community College. Like me, he's mega-fascinated by White House interior design, and has written several books on the subject.

Now comes his latest: The Nixon White House Redecoration and Acquisition Program: An Illustrated History (2016).

I gotta get to my library!!!!!!!!!!!

I own his previous book. It's superb. It contains more detail on architectural changes at the White House, and the contents of each room, than I've found in five of the "official" histories put out by the White House Historical Association.

Only James Abbott and Elaine Rice's Designing Camelot: The Kennedy White House Restoration comes close, and at times even that doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment