Trivia Quiz! Twenty questions about 1978's Halloween:
(1) The film begins on what day?
a. Halloween 1963.
b. Michael Myers' birthday.
c. The day before Halloween 1963.
d. It's never said.
(2) When Dr. Loomis and the psychiatric nurse approach the Warren County Sanitarium, they are unable to enter the grounds. Why?
a. Escaped mental patients bar the way.
b. They don't even try, because they stop on the road long before getting to the main gate.
c. The gate is closed, and there is no guard.
d. Michael Myers attacks the car.
(3) The Strode house and the abandoned Myers house are how close together?
a. A couple of miles.
b. A couple of blocks.
c. Next door to one another.
d. Around the corner and a few houses down.
(4) Judith Myers is Michael's first victim in the film. Who is his second?
a. The Phelps Garage man.
b. Annie Brackett.
c. A dog.
d. Lynda Van Der Klok.
(5) Dr. Loomis and Sheriff Brackett investigate the abandoned Myers house and discover that Michael has been eating something. What did he eat?
b. They never say.
c. A dog.
d. A can of soup over some Sterno.
(6) Lindsey Wallace and Tommy Doyle watch two different films during the night. What are these films?
a. The Mummy and Dracula.
b. Them! and Tarantula.
c. The Thing and Forbidden Planet.
d. The Wolf Man and Dracula.
(7) Tommy Doyle dressed up as what for Halloween?
a. A clown.
b. An astronaut.
c. A cowboy.
d. A doctor.
(8) Annie Brackett and Laurie Strode arrive at the Doyle house. The Wallace house is across the street. Michael Myers, driving the station wagon he stole from Dr. Loomis, parks in front of the Doyle house. Where is the station wagon seen next?
a. Almost in front of the Myers house.
b. Right where Michael left it.
c. In front of Paul's house.
d. In front of the Strode house.
(9) Annie goes to get her boyfriend, Paul. She goes to the garage, and then goes inside the house. Why does she go inside the house again?
a. She wanted to brush her hair.
b. She was cold and wanted a shawl.
c. She heard the phone ring.
d. The car door was locked, and she needed her keys.
(10) Michael Myers strangles Annie Brackett. How does he kill Bob Simms?
a. A hot iron to the face.
b. A hand in the toaster.
c. A knife alone.
d. Strangulation, then a knife.
(11) How many bodies does Laurie Strode discover in the bedroom of the Wallace house?
(12) How many times does Laurie injure Michael Myers?
(13) Dr. Loomis tells Sheriff Brackett that the Myers house hasn't been lived in since.... when?
a. 1963, after Michael killed Judith.
b. 1971, when Dr. Loomis gave up trying to treat Michael.
c. 1964, a year after Judith died.
d. "A few years ago" (he doesn't make it any clearer than this).
(14) Dr. Loomis goes to the Haddonfield Cemetery to see the grave of Judith Myers. Who is buried next to her?
a. It's not shown.
b. Her parents, on either side of her.
c. Her mother, but not her father.
d. Two strangers (with the names of director "John Carpenter" and producer "Debra Hill").
(15) Dr. Loomis stops to use a pay phone to contact Sheriff Brackett on his way to Haddonfield. By sheer coincidence, he discovers the abandoned Phelps Garage truck nearby, and a matchbook from the "Rabbit in Red Lounge". But he misses another piece of evidence. What does he miss?
a. A dead body.
b. Michael's mental hospital robe.
c. A knife.
d. HA! He doesn't miss anything!
(16) At any time during the film, does Michael Myers ever get one of the children in his grasp?
a. Yes, he grabs Tommy Doyle in the house but lets go of him when he sees Laurie.
b. Yes, he grabs Lindsey in the bathroom but lets go of her when Tommy stomps on his foot.
d. Yes, he grabs Richie as the boy runs out of school.
(17) Annie washes her clothes in the laundry room in the cottage. The door slams shut, and she is accidentally locked in. How many times did the door actually slam shut before it locked?
c. It never slams shut; it closes quietly.
d. It never slams shut; she closes it when she enters the cottage.
(18) With great foresight, Michael Myers has blocked the kitchen doors in the Wallace house so that no one can get out the back way. What does he use to block the doors?
a. A table.
b. A chair.
c. A rake.
d. The dead body of the dog, Lester.
(19) After escaping the Wallace house, Laurie runs to the house next door while screaming for help. Is anyone home?
a. A light is on, but no one looks out.
b. No, the house is dark.
c. A light is on, and they look, but they shut the blinds again.
d. The house is dark, and she runs off -- only to have a light come on after she's gone.
(20) Michael Myers is strangling Laurie on the landing of the second floor of the Doyle house. Dr. Loomis saves Laurie by shooting Michael Myers. Michael staggers back into the bedroom, where Loomis shoots him again. How many times did Dr. Loomis shoot at Michael while Michael was on the landing?
c. Three times.
d. Five times.
Answers behind the cut...........................................