Monday, April 25, 2016

I love this cake!!

When I was little, I used to bake cakes all the time. It started when I was about nine years old. It was my birthday, and my mom announced that she didn't have time to bake a cake for my birthday. Now, consider: Her idea of baking was to use a box mix, add eggs and milk, and stop there. No frosting, no candy numbers or names, nothing else. You'd get candles shoved into the cake, although the number of candles might or might not reflect the number of years you'd lived.

We did have a box mix, and I angrily demanded to use it. My mom haughtily said to go ahead. And I baked a cake.

I eventually learned to bake cakes by hand, without using a box mix. I never learned how to do bread, pastries, or anything else, though.

That's why, even to to this day, I'm fond of cakes. And am amazed at people when they can do amazing, inventive, creative cakes like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment