Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Mummy on the Orient Express"







* * * * *


Doctor: You're doing it again.
Clara: Doing what?
Doctor: The smile
Clara: Yeah, I'm smiling.
Doctor: Yes, the sad smile, it's a smile but you're sad. It's confusing. It's like two emotions at once. It's like you're malfunctioning.
Clara: Sorry.




* * * * *


Clara: I've really thought I hated you, you know.
Doctor: Well, thank God you kept that to yourself. There was a planet, Obsidian, the planet of perpetual darkness --
Clara: I did. I did hate you. In fact, I hated you for weeks.
Doctor: Well, good, fine, I'm glad that we cleared that up. There was also a planet was made completely of shrubs --
Clara: I went to a concert once, can't remember who it was. Do you know what the singer said?
Doctor: Well, frankly, that would be an absolutely astonishing guess if I did know.
Clara: She said, "Hatred is too strong an emotion to waste on someone that you don't like."
Doctor: Were people really confused? 'Cause I'm confused. Did everybody leave?




* * * * *


Doctor: To our last hurrah.
Clara: Our last, yeah. But it's not like I'm never going to see you again.
Doctor: Isn't it?




* * * * *


Perkins: Perkins. Chief engineer.
Doctor: The Doctor. Nosey parker.




* * * * *


Doctor: Now the stupid sonic screwdriver's not working. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a suppression field of some kind. But it's only a guess, because the stupid sonic screwdriver's not working!




* * * * *


Clara: Passed the TARDIS on the way here. Thought about getting inside, hiding, or pulling the levers and hoping for the best. But we couldn't even get in. There was a force field around it.
Doctor: Probably Gus trying to block our escape route.
Clara: But how does he know what it is? Because if he knows what it is, then he knows what you are.
Doctor: Well, he has tried to entice me here before. Free tickets. Mysterious summons. Even phoned the TARDIS once. You know how difficult --
Clara: You knew! You knew this was no relaxing break! You knew this was dangerous!
Doctor: I didn't KNOW. I certainly hoped.
Clara: Okay this, you see this -- this is why I'm leaving you. This. Because you lied. You lied to me again. And now you've made me lie. You've made me your accomplice!




* * * * *


Doctor: Hello! I am so pleased to finally see you! I am the Doctor, and I will be your victim this evening. Are you my mummy?










* * * * *


Gus: Thank you so much for your efforts. They are greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, survivors of this exercise are not required.
Doctor: Oh, well, there's a shocker.
Gus: Air will now be removed from the entire train. We hope you've enjoyed your journey on the Orient Express.
Clara: I take it you know a way out.
Doctor: My enemy's enemy is my friend. Especially when he has a built-in teleporter.
Clara: Great! So use it!
Doctor: A little bit more work...
Clara: Doctor! [falls to the floor unconscious]
Doctor: A couple of mintues, max. I'll give you a shout.





* * * * *


Doctor: Hello again. Sleep well?
Clara: Weren't we just on a train?
Doctor: Well, that was ages ago.
Clara: And?
Doctor: And what? Oh -- and we got off the train. Oh, well, the teleporter worked eventually. Beamed everyone into the TARDIS. No casualties. Just a bevy of sleeping beauties. I tried hacking Gus from the TARDIS, find out who set this all up, but he really didn't like that. Set off some fail-safe thing. Blew up the train.
Clara: Blew up the train?
Doctor: Blew up the train. But we got away. I dropped everyone off at the nearest civilized planet, which happened to be here. And you seemed happy asleep, so I just left you.
Clara: So you saved everyone.
Doctor: No, I just saved you and I let everyone else suffocate. Ha ha ha.
Clara: Mmm.
Doctor: Yeah, this is just my cover story.
Clara: So when you lied to Maisie -- when you made ME lie to Maisie --
Doctor: I couldn't risk Gus finding out my plan and stopping me.
Clara: So you were pretending to be heartless.
Doctor: Would you like to think that about me? Would that make it easier?





* * * * *


Doctor: Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones. But you still have to choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment