East Room of the White House after redecoration by the Grant administration. The walls of the third floor were so heavy, and the room so vast and under-constructed, the ceiling was sagging. So big beams had to be added to reinforce the ceiling. (The floor sagged, too, when large crowds were present. So the staff would go down to the first floor and temporarily prop it up with poles until the party was over.)
The Grants wanted a more contemporary look, which fit their Midwestern/Mississippi River Valley tastes. The architects called this style "Pure Greek". Wags in the city called it "Steamboat Gothic".
It was all torn out in 1902 when Teddy Roosevelt re-did the room.