Saturday, October 5, 2013



Mr. Brogan-Moore: Touching isn't it? The way he counts on his wife.
Sir Wilfrid: Yes, like a drowning man clutching at a razor blade...



Myers: Are you aware, Mrs. Helm, that in this country the penalty for perjury is a heavy term of imprisonment?
Christine Helm: I am.
Myers: Mindful of this, Mrs. Helm, I ask you once more: Is the evidence you have given the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but truth?
Christine Helm: So help me god.
Myers: Then that, my Lord, is the case for the prosecution.



Sir Wilfrid:It's a little too neat, too tidy, and altogether too symmetrical. That's what's wrong with it!



Sir Wilfrid: My dear... Could you not have trusted me? Worked with me truthfully and honorably? We would have won!
Christine Helm: I could not run that risk. You see, you thought he was innocent...



Sir Wilfrid: What are you driving at?
Christine Helm: I'm not driving at anything -- Leonard is free, and we did it!



Miss Plimsoll: She killed him.
Sir Wilfrid: She executed him...



- Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

No comments:

Post a Comment